Veterinary Pathology Group’s microbiology service offers comprehensive diagnostic testing, including urinalysis, cultures, faecal analysis, and serology testing. Our pathologists expertise aids in identifying and managing infectious diseases in animals.
We are committed to promoting the responsible use of antibiotics in animal healthcare. Our microbiology testing services play a crucial role in this endeavor by providing accurate and timely results that guide veterinarians in making informed decisions about antibiotic treatment. Through advanced diagnostic techniques, we identify and characterise bacterial pathogens, enabling precise antibiotic susceptibility testing. This process helps veterinarians tailor treatment plans to the specific needs of each patient, minimising the risk of antibiotic resistance and ensuring effective therapeutic outcomes. By prioritising responsible antibiotic use, we contribute to the overall health and well-being of animals while safeguarding against the growing global concern of antimicrobial resistance. Trust us to deliver reliable microbiology testing that supports ethical and sustainable veterinary practices
Our services include
- Antibiotic Sensitivity & MICs
- Faecal Analysis
- Please label all samples with the animal’s name and the owner’s surname.
- Please clearly identity where the sample for culture has been taken from (anatomical site).
- For best results, take specimens prior to commencing antibiotic therapy.
- If there has been any travel history or if there is suspicion for any zoonotic diseases (Mycobacterium, Brucella, Salmonella, Leptospirosis etc.) please make sure this is clearly indicated on the submission form to ensure the safety of our staff.
Meet the Microbiology & Infectious Disease Team
Head of Pathology
Laboratory Director VPG Central and East
Laboratory Director VPG Ireland
What our customers say…
I have a good working relationship with the admin team, lab technicians and pathologists at VPG. If I need any advice, they are always happy to help, and no questions are ever a pain - even if I am on the phone 20 times a day organising cases.
Get started today
Find out how VPG can help your practice