Courier Driver (Relief) – Cork
- Zero-hour contract.
- As and when required.
- Driving to various locations, from Cork.
- To drive in a safe manner that maintains the reputability of the VPG.
- Keep to collection times agreed between the clients and the laboratory.
- Ensure all bags are sealed.
- Count and sort deliveries, accurately completing log sheets where required.
- Responsible for maintaining samples at the appropriate temperature during transit and when returned to the laboratory.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty, when requested to do so by an appropriate manager.
- Inspect vehicle daily and report any defects on the log sheet.
- Keep vehicle clean and tidy and report any defects to the Courier Manager.
- You must be willing to comply with all VPG policies and complete annual mandatory training; observe safety regulations and attend mandatory fire, manual handling and other courses as required. This also includes updates and have knowledge of COSHH and Lifting and Handling Policies.
- We want our working environment to be safe for all; it is every VPG employees duty to report all incidents and adverse events to managers and assist in the investigations of any incidents.
- Ensure that the equipment within area of work is maintained and operated as per SOP’s, you must also comply with SOPs at all times. Inform your manager and quality department immediately should there be an error in an SOP or if it needs updating.
Key Performance Indicator’s (KPIs)
- Samples are transported in the agreed turnaround times.
- Vehicles are maintained to the highest standard.
Knowledge, skills, attributes and experience
- Valid driving license.
- Previous experience of commercial driving.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Good literacy ability.
- Ability to share and exchange information with others.
- Ability to show initiative, and to work independently without supervision.
- Ireland Right to Work.